: At Galaxy Tyres we do puncture repairs for all passenger and 4×4 vehicles.
When is a tyre safe to repair?
A correct and safe tyre repair will repair the tyre punctures so they are permanently air tight preventing damage to tyres and making them last the full legal life of the tyre. Unfortunately though, some damages are beyond repair and hence require you to check the following:
- Legal tread depth (min 1.6mm across the central 3/4 of the tyre tread around the entire circumference).
- Damage due to driving whilst flat-visible through for example a dark line on the side.
- Secondary damage – caused by the damaged items. An internal inspection should be carried out to check for this.
- Ageing/deterioration of the tyre rubber.
- Puncture outside the repairable area, e.g. on the sidewall.
- Damaged bead.
- Exposed cords from steel belt(s).
- Improper/poor quality previous repairs.
- If the tyre has experienced any of the above, it should not be repaired.